How to concentrate Small Molecular RNA from Fruit Fly's Total RNA

lsp97zwx at NCTSRV1.ZSU.EDU.CN lsp97zwx at NCTSRV1.ZSU.EDU.CN
Sat May 8 07:03:44 EST 1999

Hello!
  I am a graduate student in Zhongshan University. I would like to know the
method of concentrating small molecula RNA from Fruit Fly (Drosophila
melanogaster). I have about 1mg it's total RNA at the consistency of about
10ug/ul. The RNA will be used to do a northern hybrize to identify the exist
of a kind of snoRNA. The result of former hybrization with total RNA is not
clear enough to make a satisfied X-ray photo. By the way, the method of
Cs-Cl Density Gradient Zonal Centrifugation is unavailable to me. If there
are anyone know the method, please tell me soon. My boss is waiting for the
final result and if I can't do this well, I'll have to feed the fly
again--the smell of the medium is terriable!
  Thank you!

           Weixin Zhou