ISH in Malpighian tubules

Jaga Giebultowicz giebultj at AVA.BCC.ORST.EDU
Mon May 3 15:34:19 EST 1999

Hello,

We are trying to monitor expression of circadian clock genes, such as
timeles, in Drosophila Malpighian tubules. We know that timeless should be
expressed in tubules from ICC with Anti-TIM antibody. We also know that we
have a good probe, because it worked on whole mount brains. Yet, we cannot
detect tim in tubules. It could be a sensitivity problem or a probe
penetration problem.
Does anybody has experience  with in situ hybridization in whole mount
adult tubules? We would like to find out about genes whose expression was
demonstrated in adult tubules by ish,  to have a positive control for this
tissue.

Thank you

Jaga Giebultowicz and Maria Ivantchenko

Jadwiga M. Giebultowicz
Assistant Professor
Department of Entomology & Center for Gene Research
Oregon State University
Cordley Hall 2046
Corvallis, OR 97331 USA

 Phone 541 737 5530    Fax: 541 737 3643