Precise excision

Alex Nikitin nikitin at umich.edu
Tue Jun 22 16:40:22 EST 1999

Dear Martin,

I saw your post on bionet.drosophila, and although I don't have an exact
answer for your question (I think the % of reversions is > than 5%, but I'm
not sure), I have a question for you. How do you determine the precise
excision? Is this determined solely by looking at phenotype or there are
other ways to tell? To put it in other words, could you direct me to a
precise P-element exision protocol?

Thanks,

Alex Nikitin
nikitin at umich.edu