Research Genetics ESTs

John E. Smith III jes2u at virginia.edu
Tue Jun 8 11:40:49 EST 1999

I just had a frustrating experience.

After ordering from Research Genetics an EST of interest (LD28949), isolating
a number of colonies, confirming they all appear to be the same by restriction
digest, selecting a colony and sequencing both ends, it appears to be the
neighboring LD28948 instead.

After contacting Research Genetics and having the clone resent from the master
plate, it turned out to be the same LD28948 clone again.  Now I'm told by
Research Genetics that there must have been an error in database submission by
Berkeley and apparently there's no way to access the clone enterred in the
database as LD28949.5'sequence.

Thanks for reading.  I just felt the need to vent my frustration and warn
others that this could happen...

-John