Problem digesting genomic DNA

Scott Wheeler swheeler at genetics.wustl.edu
Mon Jul 26 17:07:20 EST 1999

If anyone has suggestions, they would be greatly apprecitated.  I have
isolated genomic DNA and it will not digest with certain restriction
enzymes, namely BamHI and XhoI.  However, it will digest with EcoRI and
HindIII.  I have tried new enzyme as well as new aliquots of all
reagents involved.  Digestions usually include RNAse, Spermidine,
Buffer, DNA and enzyme.  I am perplexed.  Again, any help would be
greatly apprecitated.

Thank You,
Scott Wheeler
swheeler at genetics.wustl.edu