brighter GFPs

Eric Spana spana at rascal.med.harvard.edu
Fri Jul 23 18:16:59 EST 1999

Rachel-
We've generated a few EGFP constructs here in the Perrimon Lab.  The
UAS-EGFP version with no localization signal is very bright with lots of
different drivers.  I've also generated a myristylated-EGFP with a nice
membrane localization.

Both are great in flies.  Apparently the jellyfish codon usage is pretty
bad, and the difference between human and fly is negligible within the EGFP.

Would these lines be of interest to the fly community in general?  If so,
I'll probably submit them to the stock center.

eric
Eric P. Spana, PhD                            check flybase for my email
Department of Genetics
Harvard Medical School                         ph:  617.432.7548
200 Longwood Avenue                            fx:  617.432.7688
Boston, MA 02115