how to screen flies with G418

ze cheng ginger_1974 at YAHOO.COM
Wed Jan 27 13:05:19 EST 1999

Hello,
	I am a graduate student of UB whose project involves sreening flies
with G418.The stocks which definitely have the Neo-resistance were
bought from Bloomington(p289,p291).I use 0.6mg/ml G418(i melt the
media in microwave oven and cool it down to 40 degree and add the
liquid G418 and mix it with the media with a glass rod)to test them
and heat shock the vile for 1 hr everyday to activate the HS
promoter.Unfornately,i could not get a positive result.I checked the
viles and saw larvaes but they seemed not to be moving.I am really
comfused.Is there anything wrong with what I do?
     Thank you very much for the help
     ginger