Df(3L)in61

Kevin Cook kcook at bio.indiana.edu
Wed Jan 20 17:09:45 EST 1999

It has recently come to our attention that stocks of Df(3L)in61 at the
Bloomington Stock Center and the Umea Stock Center are no good.  Both
stocks have been checked cytologically and by complementation tests against
mutations in the region.  It is likely that both stocks have been
contaminated for years

The stock numbers were:
Bloomington's 3803	Df(3L)in61/TM1, p[p]
Umea's 54680		Df(3L)in61 / TM1, Me[1] kni[ri-1] p[p] Sb[sbd-l]

We have been unable to locate a good stock of Df(3L)in61.  A good copy may
provide unique deficiency coverage in region 76-77.  If you have a
Df(3L)in61 stock that you know is good, please send it to me at the
Bloomington Stock Center.

Thanks,
Kevin
Kevin Cook, Ph.D.		Bloomington Drosophila Stock Center
Department of Biology		kcook at bio.indiana.edu
Jordan Hall			812-855-5782
Indiana University
Bloomington, IN  47405-6801