questions on cloning a gene with P element

Robert M. Mihalek mihalek at FORMULA1.smtp.anes.upmc.edu
Mon Feb 22 11:03:47 EST 1999

In article <19990222020912.17061.rocketmail at send106.yahoomail.com>
ginger_1974 at YAHOO.COM (ze cheng) writes:

> After screening of 40,000 flies,we got ten
> retested-paralytic.Unfortunately,it seems none of them has the P
> element.

You should use a P-element with an eye-color marker. Do the mutagenesis
on a white eye background. Presence of the P-element will be revealed
by flies on a white-eyed background having eyes ranging in color from
light yellow to wild-type red.

please remove the name of the RACE SERIES for e-mail replies