Embryos

9810835 nrcobbe at tcd.ie
Fri Feb 19 13:52:52 EST 1999

I am looking for help with a GFP antibody which I am using to label
Drosophila embryos, fixed in 37% formaldehyde for 3 minutes and then
in methanol.  So far, I have been unable to obtain more than background
levels of labelling and colleagues in other labs have found the same
problems.  If anyone can suggest more suitable fixing conditions for
embryos which would enable the anti-GFP to bind, or suggest a protocol
for using the antibody in immunolabelling, I would be most grateful.

Please e-mail replies to 9810835 at lewis.sms.ed.ac.uk.

Thank you.