Drosphilia Gap, Pair-Rule, and Segment genes

wxie wxie at morgan.ucs.mun.ca
Wed Feb 17 06:27:19 EST 1999

Hi All,

I am hoping that someone in this group may be able to help me with an
essay assignment from my undergraduate Genetics course, or at least be
able to point me to some sources. I seem to hit a stumbling block after
getting so far in researching this topic. The topic is; the Gap,
Pair-rule and Segment genes and the challenge is to explain the
phenomenon seen in the picture at this web site:

www.mun.ca/biology/scarr/Essay_Question_2x.htm

I do understand the basics behind the question, but I am having problems
explaining the processes beyond a very simple point. Any help would be
greatly appreciated. Thankyou very much....

Anne-Marie Gale
 agale at plato.ucs.mun.ca