Research Help

MadCow6969 madcow6969 at aol.com
Tue Feb 16 21:54:13 EST 1999

Hello
I would like your help with my Drosophila cross.  Here is what I have:

There parents are purebred for their traits, the males have black eyes, the
females have white.

F1 generation:  The the females have red eyes and the males have white eyes

In the F2 generation:  There are 13 white eyed males, 19 red eyed males, and
three black eyed males.  For females there are 11 white eyed, 20 red eyed, and
3 black eyed.

I think this is a x linked gene and I think there is epistasis but I am having
trouble pinpointing the genotypes.  Please help.

Please E-mail

Peek3 at hotmail.com