hs-GAL4 lines

Laurent Seroude seroude at caltech.edu
Thu Feb 4 20:45:05 EST 1999

Kathleen Gajewski wrote:

> To any and all Fly People,
>         We need to get a hold of a hs-GAL4 line.  I searched Flybase,
> which listed one stock, #M-4 Hs-Gal4, in the Ashburner lab, but they
> don't have it anymore.  Does anyone else have these flies?  If so, please
> e-mail me.
>                                 Thanks,
>                                 Kathleen Gajewski

Dear Kathleen,

There is another HS-GAL4 line that you can order from Bloomington, the stock
# is 1799 (make a search in stocks with this number).
Here is the record from Flybase for this stock :

B-#1799 w*; P{w+mC=GAL4-Hsp70.PB}89-2-1  ! GAL4
Breakpoints:
Chromosome(s) affected: 1;3  Date added to collection: 7/05/95
Donor: Andrea Brand              Donor's source:
Comments: heat shock inducible GAL4, A.B.
Center: Bloomington Drosophila Stock Center  Contact:
flystocks at bio.indiana.edu

I have a copy of this stock, let me know if you want it and cannot get it
from Bloomington. BTW if someone answer to your post and propose you a
HS-GAL4 on the 2nd Chr, I'll be interested to get such a stock.

Hope this will help.

Best Regards

Laurent

Laurent Seroude