poor in situ banding

Yuji Kageyama kageyama at BCM.TMC.EDU
Tue Feb 2 14:41:45 EST 1999

At 7:30 AM 2/1/99, Martin Cann wrote:
>        After development of the signal (I'm using hrp-conjugated
> streptavidin and DAB)and Giemsa staining, I get very poor
> banding patterns on the chromsomes.

Why don't you try DAPI/Hoechst staining instead of Giemsa?

It is much clearer, though weakened by HRP staining.  Just one
drop of 1ug/ml of DAPI/Hoechst in PBS to your slides right
before microscopic observation is enough for clear banding.

Although banding siganl would be much reduced, you COULD
try even for previously Giemsa-stained slides.

Best wishes,

--
Yuji Kageyama
Baylor College of Medicine