expression library screens

Kathleen Gajewski sa08383 at ODIN.MDACC.TMC.EDU
Tue Aug 17 16:54:23 EST 1999

Has anyone out there had any success screening phage expression libraries
for DNA binding proteins?  This is where you induce fusion protein
expression with IPTG, then hit the filters with a radiolabeled multimer
of the binding site of interest.  I've just started up and could use some
advice.  I would also appreciate any information on any cDNA libraries in
lambda gt11 (or any other appropriate vectors).  I presently have some of
the Zinn library, and am trying to screen with that, but it is
size-selected and covers a narrow time range, so I may need to try a
second library.  Does anyone know if the Lambda Zap vectors can be used
for detecting DNA-protein interactions?  I just finished speaking to one
of the Stratagene reps, but she hadn't heard of this technique before,
and I don't have much confidence in her answers.

					Thanks,
					Kathleen Gajewski