Why isn't this group moderated?

Don Gilbert gilbertd at bio.indiana.edu
Thu Aug 12 21:24:32 EST 1999

In general many of us would like to see all bionet groups moderated,
to the extent of automatic removal of spam and off-topic posts.
The FlyBase group discussed options for moderating bionet.drosophila
a while back, but it was decided this is not in our pot of things to
do (which is full enough otherwise).  Some of you who use this
group should take the time to work with the bionet news sponsors
(see frequent 'BIOSCI/bionet miniFAQ & Fundraiser' posts), and
appeal to the Drosophila Board about this, and someone(s) would need
to commit to some moderation time.

For bionet.drosophila, the moderator listed is Michael Ashburner
(m.ashburner at gen.cam.ac.uk), though I believe he has turned over
any moderation issues of this newsgroup to the Drosophila Board.

>From Jan 1999 bionet.drosophila news, the Drosophila Board president
is Larry Goldstein (lgoldstein at ucsd.edu).  There is also an e-mail
drop box,  flyboard at morgan.harvard.edu.

Hope this helps,