Why isn't this group moderated?

Michael Ashburner Genetics ma11 at gen.cam.ac.uk
Fri Aug 13 02:30:03 EST 1999

Since Don has outed me I guess I had better speak up on the question
of moderating bionet.drosophila.  I am down as "moderator" because
I started the thread which established this bulletin board. I regard the
Fly Board as being the body with the "authority" to moderate it.  I have
also been concerned with the amount of junk coming over - unfortunately
simply filtering mail from "*.com" is not an option - many genuine
messages come from .com domains.

Larry - could the Board (a) discuss this matter and see whether or not
we can agree on the question of moderating bionet.drosophila.  If so,
then we will need to find one or more kind souls who will do the job
(I think that we would need at least three people, spread across time zones).
I say now that I simply cannot take this on.

Michael Ashburner

----- Begin Included Message -----