Drosophila Enhancer-promoter pair?

Bongjune Yoon bjyoon at ix.netcom.com
Tue Aug 3 11:50:08 EST 1999

Dear Drosophila community
Is there any position (distance up to 2kb from its promoter) independent
enhancer-promoter pair known to be active in some insect cell lines like
SF21? I found that the Adh enhancer and distal promoter pair is working in
some D. melanogaster cell lines. However, I'm not sure if it will work even
when they are 2kb apart in the construct and when they are put into SF21
cell line.
If I have to use D. melanogaster cell line, could somebody let me know where
I can get it?

Thanks.

Bongjune Yoon
Department of molecular and Cellular Biology
Rosewell Park Cancer Institute
Elm and Carlton Street, Buffalo, NY 14263

Tel. 716-845-5961
Fax. 716-845-8389
e-mail. bjyoon at ix.netcom.com