genes in Larva BUT NOT in embryo

Kerstin Hofmeyer hofmeyer at biozentrum.uni-wuerzburg.de
Mon Aug 2 11:09:52 EST 1999

Dear Drosophila people
Can  anybody out there suggest genes , preferably
transcription-factors, that are expressed in larval tissue in a more
or less ubiquitous manner (at least imaginal disks and CNS !), but
that are definitively NOT expressed  in the embryo, at any stage.
Searching the Flybase expression pattern  data base I ended up with
only two true candidats for my purposses: ash2 and maybe muscleblind.
 I hope there are more  genes specific for larval tissue around !
Thanks a lot in advance
Kerstin Hofmeyer

Kerstin Hofmeyer
Lehrstuhl fuer Genetik