Drosophila embryonic cDNA library available

David Huen smh1008 at cus.cam.ac.uk
Tue Sep 15 15:03:18 EST 1998

Hi,
I made a Dros embryonic cDNA library with the Clontech Capfinder technique
(similar to the BDGP LD technique) 2 years ago and having had an
embarrassingly large amount of it for sometime, I'd be prepared to supply
it to others who might be able to use it and redistribute to others in
their region.

I've used it and every cDNA I've fished out has had an intact ORF to date,
quite likely close to full-length (around 20, ie. usually slightly longer
than the BDGP LD library). Representation of genes < say 3.5 kb is good
but larger genes may not be well represented at all. It works a treat when
an entire P1 is labelled as probe as the vector (gt11) doesn't hybridise
with the P1 used by BDGP.

I can't guarantee prompt dispatch but will send it as and when possible.
If you intend to use chilled transport by courier, please provide Fedex
number.

David Huen, U. of Cambridge (smh1008 at cus.cam.ac.uk)