antibodies & in situs

Kathleen Gajewski sa08383 at ODIN.MDACC.TMC.EDU
Mon May 18 15:54:22 EST 1998

A question to anyone who has successfully pulled this off,

I am trying to do both antibody (beta-gal) staining and in situ
hybridization on embryos.  If I do the antibody stain first, I can't get
the in situ to work (presumably due to RNA degradation), and if I do the
in situ part first, I get no antibody stain (presumably due to the
proteinase K).  I've looked at several different protocols for combining
the two, but there is no consensus (at least not among the different
protocols I have) about which step to do first.  Are there any
recommendations?

						Thanks
						Kathleen Gajewski