flybase survey

Gary Karpen gkarpen at AIM.SALK.EDU
Thu May 7 11:58:18 EST 1998

Dear Fly Community,

The Fly Board has decided to conduct yearly surveys of our community
resources.  What follows is a survey of Flybase, designed by an
independent
body to provide unbiased feedback on how this resource is used, and how
it
can be improved.  Your feedback is needed now; please respond before May
10.  All responses should be sent to karpen at salk.edu; please keep
'flybase
survey' in the subject line (re: is ok too). Or you can use a web form of

this survey at <http://flybase.bio.indiana.edu/docs/news/fbsurvey.html>
or at your local FlyBase mirror server.

The responses will be evaluated anonymously, and will be kept
confidential.
Thanks for your input and help!

Gary Karpen and John Lucchesi, for the National Fly Board

I find FlyBase easy to use.
   Agree strongly (  ), moderately (  ).
   Disagree strongly (  ), moderately (  ). Don't know (  )

It is easy to get feedback on comments or help questions from FlyBase.
  Agree strongly (  ), moderately (  ).
  Disagree strongly (  ), moderately (  ). Don't know (  )

The information in FlyBase is well organized.
   Agree strongly (  ), moderately (  ).
   Disagree strongly (  ), moderately (  ). Don't know (  )

I usually find what I'm looking for in FlyBase.
   Agree strongly (  ), moderately (  ).
   Disagree strongly (  ), moderately (  ). Don't know (  )

I am satisfied with the links from FlyBase to other databases.
   Agree strongly (  ), moderately (  ).
   Disagree strongly (  ), moderately (  ). Don't know (  )

All important data classes / information are contained within FlyBase.
   Agree strongly (  ), moderately (  ).
   Disagree strongly (  ), moderately (  ). Don't know (  )

   Please list any missing data classes / information.

What features of FlyBase do you use most regularly?
    Please list.

What are your least favorite features in FlyBase?
    Please list.

How often do you use FlyBase?
 Several times/day (  ), daily (  ), weekly (  ), less than weekly (  ).

Who are you?

   Research interests (select whichever are appropriate):
        Geneticist (  )  Molecular biologist (  )
        Developmental biologist (  )  Cell biologist (  )
        Population biologist (  )  Other (specify) ____________

   Work locale/setting:
          Academia (  )  Government laboratory (  )
          Biomedical industry (  ) Other (specify) _____________

    Position:
          Head of laboratory (  ) Postdoctoral level researcher (  )
          Graduate student (  ) Medical student (  ) Undergraduate ( )
          Other (specify) _____________

Additional comments:

Gary H. Karpen
Associate Professor