Chromosomes

Adam Noel Harris adhar at stanford.edu.XX
Mon Mar 9 13:29:07 EST 1998

Tomek <Tomasz.Religa at dulwich.org.uk> wrote:
:Can you tell me where I can find the FAQ for this list or the number of
:chromosomes in Drosophila melanogaster.

There isn't a FAQ, although it might be a good idea.  This list was
created for technical discussion, but there are often people from outside
Drosophila research with questions that could be answered in a FAQ for
laypeople.  I'm not volunteering to write one, but it should definitely
include advise on how to stop a Drosophila infestation.

Drosophila have four chromosome pairs.

-Adam
--
Opinions expressed are not necessarily those of Stanford University
PGP Fingerprint = C0 65 A2 BD 8A 67 B3 19  F9 8B C1 4C 8E F2 EA 0E