PLEASE HELP!!!!

Chris Jones & Deirdre Sumpter 4drjones at usit.net
Mon Mar 9 01:30:53 EST 1998

In article <Pine.OSF.3.95.980308211528.5657A-100000 at odin.cair.du.edu>,
gmsulliv at DU.EDU (~*grace*~) wrote:

> We have a mutation in Drosophila melanogaster that is phenotypically the
> following:
>
> dark eyes (gets increasingly darker with age to a dark red / maroon color)
> lacks spot in center of eye that wild type always has
>
> We NEED the *allele and location* on the chromosome! We think it is on
> chromosome 3. Thank you in advance!!

Ummmm, there's an awful lot of genes on chromosome 3. That "spot" is
probably what is called the pseudopupil.

I must admit I'm a little puzzled as to why you "NEED" this from a
newsgroup -- can we have a little more information to go on?

Chris Jones

--
To reply, please remove the initial digit from our address.
Make the world a better place: shoot a spammer today!