p-element/homologous recombination

Naoto JUNI njuni at fly.erato.jst.go.jp
Thu Jul 23 21:24:17 EST 1998

At  1:37 PM 98.7.23 -0700, Roxanne A. Yamashita wrote:
>Dear Friends,
>Hi!  I'm new at this fly stuff (I'm a fungal person) and I'd like to know
>you get homologous recobination in flies. I would appreciate knowing where
>I can read up on all this. What I'd like to do is  a sequential
>deletion study of a myosin gene and would like to know how easy/hard this
>would be  in D. melanogaster.  Thanks in advance for your help.
>
>Roxanne Yamashita

I recommend you to visit the Engels lab's web page:
http://www.wisc.edu/genetics/CATG/engels/

Best wishes,

Naoto JUNI, Ph.D.
 Yamamoto Behaviour Genes Project, ERATO, J.S.T.
 c/o Mitsubishi Kasei Institute of Life Sciences
 11 Minamiooya, Machida-shi, Tokyo 194-8511, JAPAN
 (phone) +81-427-21-2334    (fax) +81-427-21-2850
 (E-mail) njuni at fly.erato.jst.go.jp