incubators

Jim Price jprice at sfu.ca
Wed Dec 30 13:37:26 EST 1998

I have two Precision model 815 incubators which have been in operation for
8 years.  I use propionic acid in my fly food.   About five years ago one
of them developed  a corrosion induced perforation in the cooling coils, at
a week point in a soldered joint.  The refridgeration maintenance person
soldered the perforation and recharged the coolant.  He then pulled out an
aerosol can of enamel paint and spray painted the coils.  I haven't had any
trouble since.  The other incubator has not given any problems (but I can't
remember if the maintenance person painted the coils on that one too).

James V. Price
Institute of Molecular Biology and Biochemistry
and Department of Biological Sciences
Simon Fraser University
Burnaby, BC V5A 1S6

Phone: (604) 291-3536