Acridine Orange

Rob Kulathinal kulathrj at mcmaster.ca
Mon Aug 31 10:07:50 EST 1998

Hello all!
I'm trying to standardize Acridine Orange staining of late 3rd
instar eye disks using glass-hid (ectopic cell death). I tried
to look into some references for the concentration and duration
of AO staining to visualize cell death. I was pointed to a
Spreij, TH. E (1971) paper in materials and methods of these
references. This paper was published in Netherelands J.
Zool., which I don't think is going to be easy to get.
Can someone help me by sending me a copy of the paper?
I'll appreciate it even if someone can look into the paper
and tell me the actual procedure (concerntration of AO used
and duration of staining).Thanks for you time!
Bala

Bala Iyengar
1280 Main st. West
LSB 502, Dept. of Biology