Help me

Van de Bor VÈronique vero at TITUS.U-STRASBG.FR
Tue Aug 25 09:29:13 EST 1998

Help!
         I am a graduate student using Drosophila and I have run into some
problems with my flies and need some advice.  The problem is that their
development is fine until they form pupae - at that point they become black
and die.  This must be some kind of contamination or infection, since it is
not common to one or several strains, and seems to be able to be
transmitted from tube to tube.  Has anyone seen or heard of this type of
problem in the past, and if so, do you know how to get rid of it?
        Thank you very much for your help.
          Sincerely,
                                Vero