lacZ staining

Chris Jones & Deirdre Sumpter 4christopher.jones at nashville.com
Fri Aug 21 23:44:15 EST 1998

In article <35DAFD97.762D at leonardo.ls.huji.ac.il>,
milandv at leonardo.ls.huji.ac.il wrote:

> Also does anybody know of a good way of getting rid of mites?

Milan --

Serial flipping helps, but the best way (IMO) is to subculture clean
stocks by hand. That is, inspect every fly for mite eggs before
transferring it into a clean vial. (Cleaning down contaminated rooms is a
separate issue.) In my previous lab, there were several serious mite
outbreaks, but once I went through my stocks this way, I never had any
more trouble, even when other lab members couldn't quite shake their
contamination.

--
To reply, please remove the initial digit from our address.
Make the world a better place: shoot a spammer today!