Drosophila help

Claudio Pikielny pikielcl at UMDNJ.EDU
Thu Jun 12 15:07:05 EST 1997

>Please guide me to articles or Web sites where I can get information on
>which Drosophila genes have been identified along with their function.
>
>I am not a scientist so forgive my layman's language.

To Joyce Newton:

You could try
http://flybase.bio.indiana.edu:82/

This is a database on Drosophila molecular genetics for scientists that work
on that organism.  So you will get a lot of jargon...
I noticed you have a rwja address.  I have a lab that works on Drosophila at
RWJ.  If you want to drop by I could probably give you some more specific
info regarding your interests.  The return e-mail on your message doesn't
seem to work, so I am sending this through drosnet.

Claudio

Claudio Pikielny,  Assistant Professor
Dept. of Neuroscience and Cell Biology, R-312
UMDNJ/Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
675 Hoes Lane
Piscataway NJ 08854-5635, USA

As of June 1, 1997:
(732)-235-5658