Raising Flies in Hypobaric Chamber

Sarah Newell jtemple at sunherald.infi.net
Tue Jan 28 00:12:53 EST 1997

I am currently investigating the possiblity of running a series of
experiments testing theories concerning the possiblity that the life
span of Drosophilia melanogaster is increased by being raised in a
hypobaric chamber (increased air pressure). I am interested in any
information that might help me set up a reliable experiment to test this
hypothesis- i.e. sites/publications concerning growth, histology,
physiology, cytology etc. or anyone with experience or knowledge (or
even interest in this subject). Any response or suggestions appreciated.

Sarah Newell
jasont at sunherald.infi.net
Biology Major
University of Southern Mississippi