Job Openings at Indiana University

T. Kaufman kaufman at SUNFLOWER.BIO.INDIANA.EDU
Wed Oct 2 09:42:12 EST 1996

TWO FACULTY POSITIONS
DEPARTMENT OF BIOLOGY
Indiana University, Bloomington

MOLECULAR BIOLOGY/BIOCHEMISTRY:  The Department of Biology invites
applications for a faculty position in the area of Molecular Biology and
Biochemistry.  We seek candidates working on any system(s), prokaryotic or
eukaryotic.

DEVELOPMENTAL BIOLOGY:  The Department of Biology invites applications for
a faculty position in the area of Developmental Biology.  We seek
candidates studying developmental mechanisms in a eukaryotic system and
taking a genetic, cell biological, and/or evolutionary approach.

For both positions we seek candidates with strong records of research
accomplishment and both positions may be filled AT ANY RANK, from Assistant
to Full Professor.  Successful candidates will be expected to pursue
vigorous, independent research programs and to contribute to the
department's teaching.

Applications should include a curriculum vitae and a statement of research
plans.  Candidates at the Assistant Professor level should also arrange to
have three or more letters of recommendation forwarded to the search
committee.  Applications received by November 1, 1996, will be assured of
consideration.  Applications for the Molecular position should be sent to
the Molecular Search Committee, Department of Biology, Indiana University,
Bloomington, IN 47405, while applications for the Development position
should be sent to the Development Search Committee at the same address.

For more information about the department, see our home page:
http://www.bio.indiana.edu.  Indiana University is an Affirmative
Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, and strongly encourages women and
members of minority groups to apply.

Thom Kaufman   	     	       kaufman at sunflower.bio.indiana.edu
--- Biology Dept.,  Indiana University, Bloomington, IN 47405 ---
812-855-3033/Office--812-855-7674/Lab--812-855-2577/FAX