D. melanogaster dry media?

Mark D. Garfinkel garfinkl at charlie.cns.iit.edu
Wed Jul 24 17:38:33 EST 1996

In article <Pine.A32.3.91.960724150813.22116E-100000 at nicole.upd.edu.ph>,
UP Natural Sciences Research Institute <nsri at NICOLE.UPD.EDU.PH> wrote:
>July 24, 1996
>
>Has anybody tried or does anyone have a recipe for dry (yes DRY) D.
>melanogaster food media ?
>
>I plan to expose my flies  to a toxicant which I plan to administer
>through a wet piece of cotton.
	How long do you plan to expose the flies to your compounds?
	Why not simply transfer flies to shell vials with the cotton
	soaked in sugar-water and the compound? This method is, more
	or less, how people administer mutagens such as DEB & EMS.

Mark
--
Mark D. Garfinkel (e-mail: garfinkl at charlie.acc.iit.edu)
(c) 1996; all rights reserved. Permission granted for Usenet quotation