HELP, Please.

Tariq Sheikh JROOT_SHEIKH at msn.com
Sat Jul 20 16:09:33 EST 1996

Sorry but I was wondering if there was anybody out there who could
help me with a Biology practical regarding Drosophila melanogaster.

The practical is a part of an A-Level (examinations before we go to
University here in the UK) biology course and the title of the
experiment is somewhere along the lines of:-

"The use of Drosophila Melanogaster in the study of genetics."

I intend to use Sordaria fimicola strain C7h with white and black ascospores.

I can find bits and bobs of information regarding this fruit fly, but
nothing in relation to using it for genetic purposes. Has anybody
conducted a similar experiment, where ther any problems or any thing
important that I should know, such as any parasites that could harm
the fly?

I was hoping to  examine offspring from two differing mates and
seeing trying to find out what features are more dominante and what
percentages of the offspring are similar to the male or female.

Could somebody please help, because information is pretty sparse. Are
there any sites or places where I can get more information.

Thank you,
Otaiba Sheikh (17 years of age)
JROOT_SHEIKH at MSN.COM