Epitope tags

Jeff "Newt" Sekelsky fznewt at peseta.ucdavis.edu
Fri Jul 5 11:03:23 EST 1996

Katy Afshar used FLAG to epitope tag NOD and demonstrate it's
localization to meiotic chromosomes.  She found that the M5 monoclonal
antibody from Kodak (IB13091) worked well in Drosophila, with no
cross-reacting bands on Western blots and no significant background
flourescence when visualized by confocal microscopy.  For details see:

Afshar, K., Barton, N.R., Hawley, R.S. and Goldstein, L.S.B. (1995). DNA
binding and meiotic chromosomal localization of the Drosophila Nod
kinesin-like protein. Cell 81, 129-138.

Afshar, K., Scholey, J. and Hawley, R.S. (1995). Identification of the
chromosome localization domain of the Drosophila Nod kinesin-like
protein. J.Cell Biol. 131, 833-843.

-Jeff Sekelsky