sequence of the PZ element

Gerard Manning ger at stanford.edu
Tue Jul 2 21:13:03 EST 1996

In article <31D9B609.4ABB at it.uwp.edu>, BOYER LAB <petersok at it.uwp.edu> wrote:

>Does anyone know if the PZ element first constructed by Mlodzik
>and Hiromi and later used in the Spradling lab has been fully sequenced,
>and if so how it can be accessed?

It's a little obscure, but the construct (P{PZ}) is at Flybase:
    http://morgan.harvard.edu/htbin-post/moseg-rpt.script?ms00000760

There are one or two bits in the middle not sequenced, but almost all of
it is there. Thanks to Jay Rehm at the genome project for pointing me to
it.

While we're on the subject, the P{lacW} enhancer trap (from Bier et al in
their 1989 G&D paper, and used in several screens including those of the
Jan & Scott labs) is also at flybase at:
    http://morgan.harvard.edu/htbin-post/moseg-rpt.script?ms00000734

(and thanks to Kathy Shim of the Krasnow lab for figuring that one out)

   -Gerard Manning