Fruit Fly Science Project

holleyr at robin.no holleyr at robin.no
Sat Dec 28 05:58:38 EST 1996

jchap8252 at aol.com (JChap8252) writes: > I am doing a project with fruit flies but I am not sure on what yet. Does
> anyone have a good project I could do on a 9th grade level?
>
> E-mail me at JChap8252 at aol.com

I know that my ninth grade biology class studied the mating habits of drosophilla using a computer program.  There was also discussion
on studying live drosophilla in captivity to see that effect on mating and feeding.  However this fist called for a quite a bit of research to be
done outside the class room on their mating and feeding behavior.  Specific alleles passed on to the offspring were very easily seen on the computer
program because the flies were many times larger than original size.

                              Tara Holley