Hybridization problems

Mozart de Azevedo Marins mdamarin at usp.br
Fri Apr 26 22:15:30 EST 1996

Hi there,
           Help !!! I am having real problems to get signals in genomic
southern blot hybridization. The controls are working, but the signals in
the genome are not coming up even with two or three days of
hybridization. I am new on Drosophila, and owuld like to receive some
adive about how much DNA to put in the slots, how much specifically
labeled (cpms/ug) should be the probe for a single copy gene, and so
on...please, anybody with experience in genomic hybridization give me
some clues, because I amd riving crazy in such basic step !!!
Mozart