Blocking microsatellite hybridization in situ

Mark Q. Benedict MQB0 at CIDDPD2.EM.CDC.GOV
Thu May 18 07:56:14 EST 1995

Fellow Users,
We are hybridizing fairly short PCR-amplified microsatellite-containing
DNAs to polytene chromosomes of the malaria mosquito Anopheles gambiae.  We
would like to block the secondary hybridization sites with microsatellite
oligos.  Could you suggest a reliable method for doing so?  (We use
biotin-labeled DNAs.)

Thanks,
Mark Q. Benedict
Emory U./Centers for Disease Control and Prevention