carbon monoxide in walnut shells

A.J. Davis pab6awd at leeds.ac.uk
Fri May 19 04:44:19 EST 1995

I'm fascinated by the idea of Drosophila (what species please ?) diapausing
inside walnut shells.  I know of several drosophilid species that use nuts
as larval substrates but don't recall hearing of diapausing like this before.

My guess is that elevatd CO is due to incomplete oxidation during decay.  I
imagine that the CO2 is similarly raised - is it ?

Andrew Davis