Mountant

Robert Whittle bafe9 at central.susx.ac.uk
Tue May 2 06:09:48 EST 1995

Advice required:

I am seeking a mountant and clearing agent that will allow me to prepare
slides of dissected dorsal thoraces. The material should be effective in
thick mounts as the thorax is not to be flattened at all, and not set so
fast as to prevent accurate arrangement on the slide. I presently use
Berlese fluid (gum arabic/chloral hydrate and glycerol) but this sets
very slowly and with much loss by evaporation.

Any advice welcome.

Dr. Robert Whittle (University of Sussex)

e-mail: j.r.s.whittle at sussex.ac.uk