Help- genomic DNA

pdxrmb at vaxi.nott.ac.uk pdxrmb at vaxi.nott.ac.uk
Thu Mar 2 11:21:09 EST 1995

Hi there I have been using Ashburner's protocol for extracting high M.W.
DNA from adult flies. Recently I have made several batches of DNA with
good purity (OD260/280 ~1.7-1.8) but which seem to restrict very slowly.
Even overnight the digestion is minimal. Has anybody out there got a
protocol that is as quick as Ashburners, but relatively hassle free?
The DNA is for genomic southerns so as gentle method as possible is
required.
Thanks in advance, Richard M. Badge.