vitelline removal

gendjc at LUXOR.LATROBE.EDU.AU gendjc at LUXOR.LATROBE.EDU.AU
Wed Jun 28 01:52:14 EST 1995

(sorry if this is a repeat. We've been having a spot of bother)

Hi all,
        I'm having fearful trouble removing the vitelline membrane from
D. serrata (melanogaster group) embryos. Simulans is fine. I'm shaking in
a 50/50 soln of n-heptane and 80% ethanol. If I use 100% methanol it
makes no difference. I get very few falling out of the organic layer.
Any suggestions?

thanks

David Clancy
genetics