prolonging longeveity in Drosophila

Hampton Carson hampton at UHUNIX.UHCC.HAWAII.EDU
Mon Jun 5 20:47:14 EST 1995

A colleague in China reports to me that she saw an article in a Chinese
newspaper recounting a report on a transgenic experiment that resulted in
prolonging the life span by about 30%. SCIENCE was mentioned as the
source but I have failed to find anything. Can anyone supply a probable
reference?  With Aloha from here,

Hampton L. Carson
Department of Genetics and Molecular Biology
University of Hawaii at Manoa, Honolulu, Hawaii