SL-2 Cell culture

Neil Winegarden nwinegar at tuzo.erin
Mon Sep 26 18:35:47 EST 1994

I am having a problem with my SL-2 culture and was wondering if anyone
has ever run into similar problems.

I am growing cells in spinner flask cultures, using Shields and Sang's M3
media and 10% FCS.  Originally I had no problem getting the cells up to a
good concentration and then all of a sudden, they stopped growing.  They
are not dead (I have done viability assays) yet they remain at a
concentration which is only one third to half what I used to get them to.

I have tried adding more serum, and glutamine to my media.

I'm not sure what else to try.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank-you,

--