request: looking for strains from natural populations

Dominique Higuet higuet at ccr.jussieu.fr
Thu Oct 6 06:46:10 EST 1994

In the eighties, we have studied a great number of natural populations of
Drosophila melanogaster in regard to the PM system of hybrid dysgenesis.
Ten years later, we would like to realise a similar analysis in natural
populations which have been captured since 1992. So if you have in your
laboratory or nearby, strains recently collected in natural populations
(either masse culture or maintained as isofemale lines), could you be kind
enough to send them to us with informations about the country and the date
of capture, and the number of flies at the origin of each strain. In the
case of isofemale lines, five to ten lines per strain would be fine.
Could you please send flies from European or Asian populations to D.HIGUET
(Institut J. Monod, Laboratoire Dynamique du G=E9nome et Evolution, 2 place
Jussieu, Tour 42 - 4=E8me =E9tage, 75251 Paris cedex 05 - France) and flies =
from
African or American populations to G.PERIQUET (I.B.E.A.S, Facult=E9 des Scie=
nces,
Parc Grandmont, 37200 Tours - France).
Thanks a lot in advance.

D.HIGUET - G.PERIQUET