reporter gene for practical class

G Turner mb1gt at sunc.sheffield.ac.uk
Tue Aug 30 10:56:00 EST 1994

I wish to demonstrate the use of reporter genes for
showing tissue-specific expression, and would like to
get hold of a transgenic strain of Drosophila for this purpose.
(e.g. with lacZ fusion suitable for staining with Xgal).  I would
be grateful for suggestions of suitable strain or strains which
people might be already using in practical classes, and
availability.  We maintain Drosophila stocks for teaching
purposes only, but have no transgenic strains.
Geoff Turner
Department of Molecular Biology and Biotechnology
University of Sheffield
P.O. Box 594
Sheffield S10 2UH
U.K.