Geotaxis Gene.

Laurence T. Reiter lr035778 at mbcr.bcm.tmc.edu
Mon Aug 22 10:31:25 EST 1994

I am a graduate student at Baylor College of Medicine and I have been thinking
about writing a proposal on the geotaxis gene in drosophila.  I have only been
able to find a few papers on the topic even though the behavioral mutants appear
to have been isolated a long time ago on the basis of the fly's ability to
transverse a special maze.  I am interested on any information on the nature of
this gene and how it controls geotaxis (i.e. via expression changes; localized
intercellular protein concentrations?).

Thanks in advance,
Larry Reiter
Baylor College of Medicine