Assistant Professor Position Announcement

InterRidge Office intridge at durham.ac.uk
Fri Dec 13 16:45:44 EST 1996

Please Note:  As a service to the international ridge research community, the
InterRidge Office is making available its maillist for broadcasting
announcements
of academic positions.  Please send your announcements to
intridge at durham.ac.uk

ALL REPLIES SHOULD BE MADE TO THE CONTACT ADDRESS LISTED IN
THE ANNOUNCEMENT

ASSISTANT PROFESSOR, MARINE GEOPHYSICS, ECKERD COLLEGE, FLORIDA

Marine Geophysics/Quantitative Physical Geology. We  invite applications for
a tenure track faculty position at the assistant professor level beginning
Fall 1997.
        A Ph.D.  required at time of appointment. Candidates should be
strongly committed to teaching and student-faculty research at the
undergraduate level. The  candidate will lead our Marine Geophysics track
and mentor students in both the geophysics and geology tracks of our Marine
Science major. The person hired will cover the following courses: Earth
Materials (mineralogy/petrography), Earth Structure (structural geology),
Marine Geophysics, and possibly oceanography, environmental geology, or a
course in their area of speciality. The candidate will also occasionally
participate in the college's  interdisciplinary, values oriented, general
education program.
        Interested individuals should submit a letter discussing their
teaching and research interests, and goals in working with undergraduates.
Include curriculum vitae, teaching evaluations, undergraduate and graduate
transcripts, and three letters of recommendations by February 15, 1997.
Submit materials to:

Dr. Joel B. Thompson,
Chair of Search Committee,
Galbraith Marine Science Laboratory,
Eckerd College,
4200 54th Avenue South,
St. Petersburg, FL 33711,
USA

email: thompsjb at eckerd.edu

 Phone:  +1 813-864-8991

Fax:  +1 813-864-7964

Eckerd College is an equal opportunity employer. Women and minorities are
encouraged to apply.