[Computational-biology] Training courses in Illumina sequence data analysis

Heather Vincent via comp-bio%40net.bio.net (by heather.vincent from manchester.ac.uk)
Mon Jul 14 10:40:12 EST 2014

At the University of Manchester we have over 15 years experience in
running distance training in computational biology.  We are currently
updating our portfolio to include linked courses in HTS data analysis,
with examples from Illumina sequencing.  The courses are Advanced
Sequence Analysis
(http://octette.cs.man.ac.uk/bioinformatics/modules/next_generation_sequencing.html)
and Bioinformatics for transcriptomics
(http://octette.cs.man.ac.uk/bioinformatics/modules/transcriptomics.html).

Advanced Sequence Analysis covers :

     genes, genomes and genome sequencing;
     technologies for high throughput sequencing;
     understanding the data;
     mapping to a genome;
     RNA-seq : quantification and differential expression;
     ChIP-seq.

Course participants will have access to our Galaxy server for the
practical exercises.

Bioinformatics for transcriptomics
(http://octette.cs.man.ac.uk/bioinformatics/modules/transcriptomics.html) complements
Advanced Sequence Analysis.  In this course participants will use
R/Bioconductor to compare the methods for analysis of data from
Affymetrix microarrays and Illumina sequencers.

If you have any questions about either of these courses, please contact
heather.vincent from manchester.ac.uk.

You will find links to details of all our online courses here :
http://octette.cs.man.ac.uk/bioinformatics/index.html  To apply, please
mail our office for Advanced Professional Education (ape from cs.man.ac.uk).